Though this is a holiday rather than a fundraising event, people have been kind enough to want to give donations. So as I've entered the 'Cycle 4 Cynthia' bike ride on 25 September, it seems logical to start the fundraising for that. So if anyone wishes to give a donation, here is the link to my Just Giving page: -

http://www.justgiving.com/Ruth-Fitch

Thank you!

Monday 22 August 2011

Wasted evening

So, came home determined to plan two days in one evening, sat down and planned a route along bike route 4 (through Milford Haven to Carmarthen) and then decided it was too out of the way, with too many large towns and too much coast road (which means a lot of ups and downs).

At any rate, I've a day's cycle route that I don't think I want to use this time round though it looks a very interesting route with lots of castles and other antiquities to see. But steep.

So back to square one. The re-planned route goes over the Black Mountains, but I've tried to avoid roads with more than one chevron in any direction (I might get through my new brack blocks). I've now made it as far as Offa's Dyke on planning, with three more days to plan to get me home - which I think should be possible (though I hope the offer of car rescue is still there if I do get stuck!) Given that it takes about 5 hours to plan each stage, it's not going to be done very soon, but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment